May 18, 2015

Weekend


The weekend was spent primarily outside, and at a generally slow clip. I wandered through all of Manhattan on Saturday, walking around Central Park's reservoir and remembering how much I had wanted to run around it. Yesterday, I put that vision into action, running around the reservoir and resolving to repeat it. Two loops around the reservoir, it turns out, make the perfect 5k. 

Mostly, though, I carved out time for myself, doing yoga and completing errands I'd thought of weeks before. I took things slowly, walking down a beautiful stretch of Columbus Avenue in the rain on Saturday. Last night, I took my friend to The Hungarian Pastry Shop, where I had my traditional cream puff and she a flour-less chocolate cake. It was a nice way to end the weekend. I'm already looking forward to the next one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment