May 6, 2015

The Conservatory Garden


I finally made it to Central Park's Conservatory Garden, which was stunning. At times I felt I like was in Montreal. At times I felt I was in a movie, especially when I looked at the wisteria pergolas that greeted me when I walked through the conservatory's gate. Mostly, though, I embraced the calm I felt walking among the cherry blossoms, admiring the colorful tulips, grape hyacinths, and daffodils, and smelling the lilacs.

Not everything was flowering, though. When I saw how the magnolia trees had lost many of their petals, I was reminded about bloom seasons, and how good it is to notice what's good in the moment. When I remember the cherry blossoms and tulips I loved seeing, I'm also happy to think that once their season is over, we won't lose them forever: they'll be back next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment