December 5, 2014

The 12 Days of Flashbacks: 1

As referenced earlier, December is the perfect month to re-introduce the tag I've only used a few times here on Flash Shoe, and that is "flashback." This month, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, I'll be featuring photos looking back on each month, culminating in my traditional photo collage on the 31st.

January






When I think back to January, and to any month, I think of little but important moments. I had many of the year's most enjoyable moments in January because the year opened with so much possibility that I then worked to turn into reality. I remember renting a violin and auditioning for a chamber music program. I remember  reaching out to friends. I remember eating chocolate cake alone at Cafe Lalo on a rainy birthday, and going back home to celebrate my birthday (twice more) with family and friends. I remember celebrating the season with hot chocolate, with Grom's being one of my top choices. I remember resolving more to read this year, and starting (appropriately) with "Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake." 

There are, of course, things that I don't enjoy remembering about January, but I'm choosing to remember the positive aspects. Of those, I remember the ones I chose to highlight contemporaneously, partly because my memory of events works best by association, and partly because I don't necessarily connect the events that occurred in January with January itself. I'm glad I resolved to celebrate the seasons more as time went on, though I did a great job of taking advantage of some of the City's best resources, like a museum, Central Park, and various cafes, in January.     

No comments:

Post a Comment