July 28, 2015

Weekend


This past weekend featured such a great mix of culture, fitness, and food/drink, along with a few necessary errands.

On Saturday, I went to a rebounding class, which I enjoyed more after having first tried it last month. At night, I heard the Mostly Mozart Festival Orchestra perform Mozart's Symphony No. 34 and Brahms' Symphony No. 4 at Lincoln Center. I tried Vietnamese/Thai iced coffee from The Doughnut Plant (refreshing, just the right bitterness and sweetness until the end, when there was unfortunately an overly sweet layer of condensed milk on the bottom of the cup) and a pumpkin bun from The Golden Steamer (check).

On Sunday, I went to my first-ever barre class at the gym (I had previously tried barre at my former dance studio), which was challenging at times but which finished beautifully with Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah." I followed that with a small latte (just the right amount of bitterness and sweetness, just the right amount of caffeine) and avocado toast (topped with feta) at Bluebird, where I talked with a friendly Southern couple and their children. I explored and photographed more of the Lower East Side (more on that later). I capped off the evening with salted dark chocolate ice cream from Ample Hills in Gowanus.

This is just about how I'd like to spend the rest of my weekends. (I'd just add a little more culture and nature.) I can't wait till the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment