May 26, 2015

Long Weekend


This weekend was all about culture. I spent hours crisscrossing through the Met's exhibits, moved by "China: Through the Looking Glass" (and surprised to be moved by it), Degas' paintings and drawings, and an Amati violin. I walked through East Village, strolling through a pop-up street fair and attending performances at the Theater for the New City, walking into a performance of "La Vie En Rose" and exiting after a graceful dance performance. I ate the smoothest peppermint chip ice cream from Davey's (recommended!) and drank bubble tea. I made time for coffee-drinking at "Think" (watery, but great pastries!) and reading by Brooklyn Bridge Park's art installations. In keeping with the holiday, I finished off the weekend with a New York Phil concert focused on "defying oppression" and a cookie from Insomnia Cookies. (Levain is better, I think.) 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a perfect weekend to me! Ah, I love Davey's strong coffee flavor - yummy! Kisses, love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee flavor does sound good. I might have to try that next time!

      Delete