September 22, 2014

Last Weekend of Summer









The last weekend of summer was social and quiet, and busy and relaxing. On Friday night, I saw "Le ballon rouge," which was surprisingly moving and far better than "Le voyage du ballon rouge," though it did have a "happy ending," which I consider an essential feature of American movies. Saturday found me trying pommes frites in the East Village, catching up with and learning from a new friend through the Union Square Farmer's Market and the Flatiron District. Sunday was delightfully quiet. I did squeeze in a mini-adventure at Sunrise Market, a Japanese grocery in SoHo, where I bought Black Black (caffeinated) gum. I listened to music, read, and prepared for the coming season. I'm looking forward to a good autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment