July 21, 2014

Weekend










This weekend was by far the nicest in recent memory. New York seemed to come alive, and as strangers approached me to share their thoughts, I remembered that I am in New York. Having spent just Saturday at The Strand, the Union Square farmer's market, Westsider Records, and Lincoln Center, and having bought the first cherries of the season and the first (affordable!) flowers in a while, summer suddenly felt limitless, and I was happy.

I wasn't sure how to top that on Sunday, but after finally spending some time making my room cozier, I resolved to see the Flower District and the High Line in the summer, as I had promised myself earlier. My trip ending up being an adventure of sorts, or an opportunity to explore parts of the City that I somehow never managed to visit. I ended up home later than anticipated, tired but still pretty happy. In the end, I marvel at how the little moments really do make life beautiful.

Not pictured: listening to Danse Macabre and Tzigane on repeat in the morning, becoming a little addicted to Pepero/Pocky, sipping a chocolate shake from Grom, trying raspberry and chocolate shaved ice for the first time, and waiting for butterflies on the High Line.

No comments:

Post a Comment