July 24, 2014

20 Minutes of Summer




I had resolved earlier to have a full New York summer, complete with uniquely summery events. Unfortunately, it seems that it was not quite meant to be.

Last week, I had been looking forward to hearing Joshua Bell play the Bruch Violin Concerto in Central Park, but the event got cancelled due to rain. Yesterday, I was looking forward to seeing my first outdoor movie in New York. I managed to grab a seat at South St. Seaport and watched as the main character (a young boy) began to befriend the alien. Twenty minutes later, in real life, the first droplets from the sky began to fall, and soon enough, the droplets turned into a summer shower. I tried waiting it out in a nearby store with a few others, watching the sky, which was dark purple, flash a lighter shade of purple.

Unfortunately, the rain didn't slow down enough to make the movie watchable, and I had to go home. At least I saw lightening flash across the sky as I walked towards the train station. It's been a while since I've seen lightening like that. Oh New York in the summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment