April 14, 2014

Weekend







This one was delightful. It started off with the hiss of vinyl recorded on video and the taste of sweet cinnamon, and continued through the experience of a sudden Spring. Then there was the summertime music of Ella, and the exciting music of Beethoven (as sight-read by our chamber group.) There was a Saturday trip to the library, where the librarian commented on the classic movies I had rented ('Casablanca' and 'Citizen Kane'), and a late-night annual run to Fairway on the Upper West Side, where I observed stereotypical New Yorkers. I cleaned my apartment thoroughly, dusting, mopping, and organizing, and left room for a walk on the Brooklyn Heights promenade.

Along the way and while there, I bumped into staff I love, and realized that I do love New York. I realized that the Chrysler is my favorite building in the City, and that she looks beautiful even from Brooklyn. I capped off the weekend with my first chocolate shake, and now think I'll be ready to tackle the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment