December 31, 2013

Two Oh One Three


2013 was a good year overall. I had cake with friends for my birthday, hot chocolate from Grom for Valentine's Day, and Pad Thai just because. I travelled all over Brooklyn and Manhattan, from Greenpoint to Sheepshead Bay, and from the Lower East Side to Washington Heights. I attended a Proust reading with madeleines, and looked at neat items at Anthropologie in Chelsea and sparkly ones at Lush in Cambridge. I found myself balancing time with friends and family, not as well as I would have liked, but still enough for favorable memories. I moved apartments and workplaces, both for the better. I relished spring in the City, where tulips bloomed in Central Park and Carl Schurz Park, and the Hungarian Pastry Shop made a good rest stop. I enjoyed Central Park in the winter and in the fall, and delighted in the holiday lights of the West Village. I danced, did yoga, and ran. I celebrated all of the good things that happened, and am now inspired and ready for what 2014 may bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment